Tangerine Salon and Spa COVID-19 Statement
With all of the recent news surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus), we wanted to take a moment to let you know how we’re keeping Tangerine Salon and Spa healthy and safe for our team and guests. Our community includes a vast array of guests who are among the most vulnerable to or concerned about COVID-19, whether due to age, compromised immune systems, their status as caregivers, or other issues.
Thankfully, although there is still much to learn about the coronavirus, the CDC’s suggested protocols for addressing it are identical to those for reducing the spread of common cold and flu. Nonetheless, we are intensifying our efforts around best practices for virus prevention. Here are the specific steps we’re taking at Tangerine Salon and Spa:
- Any staff member who could potentially be sick with fever, cold or flu symptoms is staying home. If a staff member shows cold or flu symptoms at work, we will send them home.
- We are posting signs about handwashing etiquette and are reinforcing that message throughout the day.
- In addition to our regular daily maintenance, we will start and end each day by wiping down all shared hard surfaces with disinfectant wipes containing Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride .28%. That active ingredient has been shown to be effective against coronaviruses in concentrations above 0.05%.
- Throughout the day and between clients we will also disinfect shared surfaces such as door knobs, salon chairs, bathroom fixtures, and any shared tools such as hairdryers or clippers. Shared grooming tools like combs, clips and brushes are disinfected with Barbicide which also kills coronavirus.
- We are continuing to make alcohol-based hand sanitizer available to staff and clients at the front desk
- We will discourage hugs and handshakes with your stylist for the time being
Here’s how you can help:
We request that any client who feels they are potentially sick with a cough, cold, temperature, or flu to please call 615-896-3302 to reschedule their appointment. We will be suspending our 24-hour cancellation policy in correlation with the CDC’s recommendations.
Please refrain from coming to your appointment if:
- You have any flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- You have returned from travel in the last 3 weeks to an area with sustained local transmission (not just a travel ban/warning). Read the travel advisories from the CDC
- You have had close physical contact with a person currently under investigation for COVID-19, or who is a confirmed case of COVID-19.
We will continue to monitor WHO, CDC and local authorities for recommendations. Even if you are not at risk yourself, diligently adhering to these preventative measures could save lives-or at least make lives less anxious or complicated by possibly avoiding the need for quarantine.
Prevention of respiratory diseases, from the CDC
Safety is always a top priority for our guests and team. These steps, along with your personal cautiousness, will help Tangerine Salon and Spa play our part in keeping our community safe and healthy.
Please let us know if you have any questions, thank you…and we hope you stay healthy!