To our customers and community locally and globally:
We made the difficult decision to follow the guidelines laid out to keep our team and community safe by following our local and state recommendations to stay closed further than our original date to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Tangerine plans to reopen MONDAY, MAY 4, 2020. This is obviously a fluid situation, and we are monitoring and adjusting our plans and timeline accordingly.
This is a tough call for many reasons. We have been a staple and “non-essential essential” in the lives of approximately 2000 guests per month for the past 20 years, and our employees are the living embodiment of our brand and motto, “Know yourself. Grow yourself. Draw others up.” Despite our temporarily closed doors, we continue to dig deep into the well of knowing our team, growing in ways that are stretching us beyond anything we have ever had before and continuing to support how we draw others up in our community…right now with social distancing. Sacrificing business goals and many of our employees’ much needed personal income to put public health ahead of our bottom lines.
We recognize the inconvenience this causes, and we have always appreciated the gift of your time in our chair. We are going to get back to that…we promise! Our careers are driven by caring for our guests, loving what we do and providing it through a brand that we believe in. With careful consideration of options for reopening without compromising our level of hospitality and professional expectations, when we open back up we will:
- Honor all appointments as they stand on the date of reopening. Many of our guests have kindly booked appointments in advance and this reopening occurs on their regular schedule!
- Expand hours and reschedule missed appointments at our guests’ request.
- Respond to emails as soon as we reopen. You may send a message to your stylist through the Pocket Salon App (listed below).
- Please don’t under estimate the power of the Waiting List, either! We will be referencing it frequently as openings become available.
So, what now? How can we all stay together and stay connected during this frightening and highly uncertain time? Can we still find ways to bring joy to people’s lives, at a time when it’s needed more than ever? Here’s what we have in mind so far:
- To our AVEDA lovers who are in need of your favorite products, you can order and ship it right to your door through our website at Shop Aveda.
- Book online for appointments past May 4. (Please recognize this is a tentative reopen date.)
- Send your stylist a message through the Pocket Salon App.
- Keep up with us on Social Media on Instagram @tangerinesalonspa or Facebook Tangerine Salon and Spa. We will be posting an array of heartfelt and humorous posts to provide advice for wellness and alternatives to drastic quarantine hair measures.
- If you feel so inclined to purchase gift cards online for your upcoming services, it will be helpful.
- A google review for your favorite team member or our salon in general is a great platform to share your love with our team during this time too!
We’re not alarmists, we’re realists. While this may not be the right decision for every person, it’s the one where we feel we can make an impact and not endanger the health of anyone who graces our doors. Remember your core values during this time-this is when they matter most. Remember the power of adaptability. Stay present, be responsible, and try to lean into warmth and openness when you want to close off and pull down the shades. This is a time for us to remember our humanity. May we all continue to know ourselves, grow ourselves and draw each other up in these uncharted days ahead.